Wednesday, January 7, 2015

"Real" Book Challenge - December!

In 2014, I wanted to read 100 "real" books. Somehow, I ended up surpassing that goal with a grand total of 105! These are the 9 books I read in December:







I was in two distinctive moods last month. At the beginning of the month, I wanted to read books by strong and inspiring women. Amy Poehler, Roxane Gay, and Marina Keegan stood out for different reasons. I've never been a huge fan of Amy Poehler but for whatever reason I had to read her autobiography.  I walked away feeling like I knew her a little bit better and I liked what I learned about her. Roxane Gay's Bad Feminist is an extraordinary collection of essays that everyone should read. While I didn't agree with all of her opinions, Gay opens up a discussion about a wide range of subjects. I really loved that about her book. The Opposite of Loneliness is half fiction, half non-fiction. I have to admit I enjoyed the non-fiction part a lot more but the entire thing gave me a lot of inspiration and it made me sad that Keegan left us as such a young age. 

The second part of the month, for the most part, was dedicated to "winter" reads.  Let It Snow and Dash & Lily's Book of Dares were two books I didn't allow myself to read until December. They were both worth the wait. Blankets came out of nowhere and stole my heart. If you like graphic novels, definitely check it out. To All the Boys I've Loved Before came from the "Becoming Books Secret Santa Book Exchange" and I read it immediately! It was lovely and fluffy and everything nice. I was determined to finish The Young Elites (it took me months to read D:) before the end of the year and I managed to do just that the 30th. GO ME. Finally, I read and reviewed Alex as Well for Cuddlebuggery
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...