1) Gorgeous Cover - I know...don't judge a book by its cover. But you can totally judge this one by its stunning cover. The dress, the colors, the everything. You can't see it at a store and leave it behind.
2) Setting - The setting is stunning. It is written in such a way that you can picture yourself on board of the Icarus and then surrounded by the bizarre (and terrifying) alien planet. It comes alive in your mind so vividly that you can't help but take it all in.
3) Sci-fi - I love everything sci-fi and this novel is the best one I've read since Across the Universe. It is intricate and beautifully written. The technical aspect of it is explained well and there is never a dull moment. Which brings me to the next point:
4) Action - There is tons of action to keep you at the edge of your seat. It is a page-turner for sure. I read it in a little bit over a day and loved every second of it.
5) Female character - Simply AMAZING. Lilac is feisty, feminine, strong, and smart. She has a million layers to her personality. She isn't perfect, which is refreshing. The best part about her is that she is feminine but that doesn't stop her from being brave. I love how multidimensional she is and her relationship with Tarver is pretty awesome.
Have you read These Broken Stars yet?