Monday, October 17, 2016

October-November Wishlist

Sometimes you have books that you cannot wait to get your hands on, either because you love the author so much that you know anything they write will be an instant favorite or because you have a really good feeling about a book. The following are books that are either out now or will come out in November. My bookshelf is ready. 

Out Now: 

Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta 

There's only one name that comes to mind whenever someone asks me to name my all-time favorite author. I have a lot of authors that I love but Melina Marchetta's fantastic books always stand out to me. I believe there's nothing she can't write and make amazing so Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil is destined to be a favorite. 









Still Life with Tornado by A.S. King 

A.S. King had me at Please Ignore Vera Dietz. I fell in love with her writing style and her wonderful characters, novel after novel after novel. The first line of the synopsis for her latest is "Actually Sarah is several human beings" and, my friend, how can this be bad? It can't be. No one does Magical Realism like King so I can't think of a better use of my time. 







Out November 15:



Born a Crime by Trevor Noah

One of my favorite TV hosts wrote a book! And it sounds amazing. It includes eighteen essays that describe his life in South Africa and his upbringing considering his birth was considered a crime at the time (since his dad is white and his mother is black). My daily routine consists of watching The Daily Show while I'm getting ready in the morning so I cannot wait for this book to show up on my doorstep. 







Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick 


If you don't think Anna Kendrick is the most hilarious human being on the planet then...get out! (kidding, don't leave). Honestly, I have been looking forward to this book since the second she announced it. I love autobiographical essays by funny women so this is right up my alley and, I'm not even ashamed to say this, but Ms. Kendrick is one of my female crushes so I need to know more about this fantastic little somebody. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...