Sunday, October 23, 2016

Author Spotlight: Nicola Yoon


One of my favorite things about Nicola Yoon is that her books are not only beautiful on the inside, they are absolutely stunning on the outside. Look at these covers! They just scream "pick me! pick me!" and I listened to them. I've never been more excited than the moment I received an ARC of Everything, Everything.  I read it the same day and I still consider it one of my favorite books of all time. And when The Sun is Also a Star showed up a couple of months ago, I just couldn't wait to share it with the world. Nicola is such a master at writing diverse and interesting characters. Her stories are vibrant and atmospheric. She makes you care so much about her characters that you will find yourself wishing you could meet them. She has every quality that you're looking for in a new favorite author. While Everything, Everything and The Sun is Also a Star have a lot in common, they also stand on their own. I did find TSiAaS to be slightly more dramatic but I don't mean that in a bad way. I loved that it deals with a difficult subject (deportation) while staying relatable. It opens up a discussion on serious topics and I really appreciate a book that keeps me thinking way after I'm done with it. 


So, the million dollar question: which one should you read? I think you have to read Everything, Everything. And once you're done with that, pick up The Sun is Also a Star when it comes out November 1st because you need them both in your life. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...