Thursday, September 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves!



1. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

The Disenchantments follows a terrible band (by the same name) and a complicated friendship between a boy who's struggling with his feelings and a girl who's not ready to take the next step. I needed to buy another Nina LaCour book (because Hold Still was that great) and I saw this one as soon as I walked into the bookstore. I already read it so I'm allowed to say that it was pretty great. Even though it took me a little while to get into, I knew that the wait would pay off. 




2. The Legend of Eli Monpress (The Legend of Eli Monpress #1-3) by Rachel Aaron 

After I finished the Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta, I needed something to fill the void it left in my life. Meg recommended this series and I'm very excited to start it. It follows a thief/wizard guy and it sounds epic. I have a feeling that buying this edition--which contains the first three books--was a great idea. 






3. Sold by Patricia McCormick

I came across this one at a store and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  Sold is the story of a thirteen year old from Nepal who is sold into prostitution. The reviews I've read about it are really good and it sounds like the kind of book everyone should read. I ordered a used copy and it can't get here fast enough. 







4. The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss 

I also bought this one with the famous birthday gift card. I'm pretty sure it is about a wizard but I haven't really read much about it. However, I've heard nothing but great things about this series. I feel like every single Fantasy recommendation video or post includes it soooo I got the first and second book in the series. Is it as great as everyone says? It better be! 






5. Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Weird Trick (Sex Criminals #1-5) by Matt Fraction, Chip Zdarsky

Changing gears, let's talk graphic novels.  I didn't think I would enjoy them at all and then I read one. I'm hooked. I was looking for the most popular ones and this one caught my eye. It follows a woman who can stop time when she has sex. If that's not strange enough for you, she meets a guy with the same "gift." I read it already and I'm not sure what I thought about it. I didn't even rate it. Anyway, if you like graphic novels, I would really appreciate some recommendations! 



6. Pride and Prejudice & Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I did a thing. The thing that everyone does. I saw someone talk about a book and I bought it. I'm not proud of myself but LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIES. I love Jane Austen and I love pretty books so I'm in trouble. I have a feeling I'll be buying the rest in the near future--because the entire set will look better on the shelf. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...