Monday, September 29, 2014

October TBR!

I've been saving up a couple of books throughout the year to read during October. To start off, I'm really excited to read one of my favorite classics with a twist. Pride and Prejudice and Zombie sounds insane but perfect for Halloween. Not to mention that it is coming to the big screen so I have to read it anyway. One of my biggest bookish regrets is that I never finished Dracula. I'm determined to read it in October, even if that means I won't read the rest of this list. I am that ashamed. Speaking of regrets, I can't believe I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman. I own two of his novels--Neverwhere and The Graveyard Book-- and for some reason I haven't read them. The goal is to read one of them, probably Neverwhere since it sounds pretty awesome (monsters! angels!) and I miss London. Lailah comes out October 7 and I'm planning to review it for Cuddlebuggery. Apparently, this novel is a huge deal over at Wattpad and it might be about angels and vampires. I'm not too sure yet. Stitching Snow is science fiction meets Snow White. This one comes out October 14. Another retelling is The Madman's Daughter, which is based on H. G. Wells's The Island of Dr. Moreau.  I've had this one for a loooong time so I'm really excited to read it. Anna Dressed in Blood is about this guy who kills the dead and this ghost that murders people. The way I see it, this one can be pretty good or really terrible. We'll see. I purchased Half Bad the week it came out but then it kind of got lost in the pile. I've heard great things about this witch novel so I'm looking forward to see what the fuss is all about.  Last but not least, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has been in my TBR shelf for ages.  I wasn't in the mood to read it until now. Apparently, it takes place in an abandoned orphanage and it includes the creepiest but also really beautiful black and white photographs. Sounds like the perfect Halloween read to me. 


What are you planning on reading? And do you have any recommendations? I would love to check them out! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...