Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Real" Book Challenge - June!






Real Books Read in June: 8
Total: 54

I started out the month by rereading The Fault in Our Stars before the movie came out. I felt like I needed a refresher since it has been sitting on my shelf for more than two years. I love rereading John Green's novels and this one was no exception. Speaking of TFiOS, I ended up with an ARC of Say What You Will (thanks to Andye from Reading Teen), which is being promoted as "The Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor & Park." I'll talk more about it in my review for Reading Teen but I'm not too sure it lived up to my expectations. I think I was in a Contemporary mood in June because Great, On the Fence, and Jellicoe Road also made the cut.  I loved On the Fence (Review) so very much and Great is a fantastic LGBTQ retelling of one of my favorite novels, The Great Gatsby

I'm thinking of renaming June "Melina Marchetta Month" because I ended up reading three of her novels in four weeks. Please keep in mind that Froi of the Exiles is MASSIVE. Haha. I cannot say anything but great things about The Lumatere Chronicles (if someone tells you that they get better and better: BELIEVE THEM) and her standalone novels.  I think Jellicoe Road is not for everyone but it quickly became a favorite and I can't wait to reread it. If you haven't read any of her novels, maybe come back in a few days? I might have a giveaway planned. Maybe. 

To round up a pretty good reading month, I received an early finished copy of William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return (Review) and it was made of awesome. I need to buy everyone a copy because all of you need to read it. 

Anyway, what did you read in June? :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...