Monday, June 2, 2014

"Real" Book Challenge - May!





Real Books Read in May: 8
Total: 46

May was insane! I was really surprised that I read eight "real" books. I felt like I didn't have a lot of energy to read for the majority of the month. I had some issues with some of my choices---Dorothy Must Die and The Moon and More were more painful than fun---so I'm glad to find out that I'm still on track.

Quirk Books was kind enough to get me all caught up with the William Shakespeare's Star Wars trilogy in anticipation for the final novel (which I already got in the mail! Ahhh.)  I can't believe how much I enjoyed and loved this series. It is clever, hilarious, and like nothing I've ever read before! I have a special review going up soon so I can tell you how wonderful it is in detail.

May will forever be remembered as the month in which I discovered the Lumatere Chronicles. I can't even tell you how excited I am to continue on with this series! Finnikin of the Rock is made of awesome and I've heard amazing things about the other two books in the series.

If you're looking for a great retelling, pick up Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay. I loved everything about it, from the world to the characters. I love when authors take a story everyone knows so well and make it their own. A review of this title and The Murder Complex will go up in the next week or so. Shifting gears a little bit, if you're interested in NA, Easy by Tammara Webber--and its companion novel Breakable--are pretty amazing and the only NA novel I can tolerate.

In case you want to know why I couldn't stand Dorothy Must Die or The Moon and More, you're in luck! You can read my review of Sarah Dessen's latest novel over at Cuddlebuggery. I'll be reviewing Dorothy Must Die for Reading Teen at some point really soon so keep an eye out! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...