Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

I don't think I've done a "Stacking the Shelves" post this year! Since it has been a while, I'm not going to show you ALL of the books I've purchased/received but I do want to share my favorites!







          

In honor of the (confirmed) release date of Isla and the Happily Ever After (8/14!), I bought the new edition of one of my favorite contemporary novels ever, Anna and the French Kiss. If you like adorable novels, you MUST read this one. I already read the other two contemporary novels in this list, Why We Broke Up and Sweet Thing. While I loved Why We Broke Up (Illustrations + beautiful writing = a winner in my book), I expected a lot more from Sweet Thing. It just felt short in so many different ways that I don't even want to think about it long enough to write a review.

While I rekindled my love for the Throne of Glass series, I discovered the amazingly disturbing The Chemical Garden Trilogy and the brilliantly written Blood of Eden series. If you like beautiful storytelling, you must read all three. They are all wonderful in their own way and appeal to a broad spectrum of people. 

I haven't read Defiance, Half Bad, or Eon/Eona. If you have, let me know if you enjoyed them! Also, a more in depth review of the titles I've read will go up in the upcoming week! :) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...