Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Wrap-Up!

Hello!

I got around to reading eleven books this month. That's a little bit below my average but I had a really busy month so I am surprised I actually read more than a eight books. Anyway, these are the books I read in the month of October! 



I have a love/hate relationship with this trilogy. The Selection was okay, The Elite was kind of awful, and The Prince was pretty much more of the same. I read the novella for the same reason I'll read The One: out of curiosity.


Origin (Lux #4) - Jennifer L. Armentrout

I stayed away from the Lux series because the covers put me off. I know, I know...don't just a book by its cover and all of that good stuff. Anyway, I pretty much read all of the books in this series that are currently out in a matter of days. I see it as my guilty pleasure because I really don't want people to know I enjoy them as much as I do. Haha. It isn't the best thing out there but the books are entertaining and fun. And yes, I'm looking forward to the last book in the series.


Definitely, Maybe in Love - Ophelia London

I did a review of this one HERE. Summary: I enjoyed it. A lot.




Another series that I kept putting in the "maybe someday" pile. I'm so ashamed of this because I love it!  The world is amazing, I love the writing, the characters are great...I'm officially in love and I can't wait to get through all of the books.


Freakboy - Kristin Elizabeth Clark

I reviewed this one as well. You can read it HERE. I enjoyed this one the most out of all of the books I read this month.  



So, based on my October TBR, you might already know that I was static to get my hands on this one. It didn't disappoint. The only downside to this is that I read them months apart so I didn't get the full experience. I caught little things here and there but I'll definitely reread them together at some point next year.


Allegiant (Divergent, #3) - Veronica Roth

Ah, this one happened. It was featured in my October TBR and...well, I have mixed feelings about it. I made a post about the ending but I didn't talk about anything else. Personally, I enjoyed the entire book. Did I think the writing was exceptional? Not really. Was I satisfy with the "answers" we got? Nope. But do I still love this trilogy? YES.


The Darkest Minds - Reread - Alexandra Bracken

I didn't want to reread this one. Not because I didn't like it the first time around but because I read it early this year and it wasn't going to count towards the 2013 Book Challenge. However, I kept reading everywhere that people were having a hard time remember details as they read Never Fade so I caved in and picked it up. I can honestly say that this book is WAY better the second time you read it. If you haven't read it, the beginning is a little slow BUT keep going! It gets so much better after the 50% mark.



After rereading The Darkest Minds, I downloaded this novella because I heard that it is crucial to the story. It is definitely worth a read! In Time offers a different perspective on the whole issue with the children and it gives a little bit more of an insight on the color classifications.


If a Pirate I Must Be - Richard Sanders

Okay, so I had to read this for my Archaeology of Piracy class BUT it was awesome! I'm a little embarrassed that it took me twenty days to read it but fun reading > required reading. ALWAYS.

---

Overall, October was a good reading month! I only have ten books left to finish the 100 Book Challenge so I'm right on track. Did you read any of these books this month? Let me know!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...