Saturday, July 6, 2013

Review: Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill


304 pages
Published: November 13th, 2012 
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers


Julia Lichtenstein is your typical rule-abiding, straight A student. In a class trip to London, she is partnered with her polar opposite, Jason Lippincott. The roller-coaster that transpires (including but not limited to: parties, texting a mysterious stranger, and (gasp) lots of rule breaking) is more than enough to turn Julia's world upside down and catapult her to the adventure of a lifetime.


1) Do you like London?
2) Do you want to smile like an idiot and/or laugh like a fool?
3) Do you have a couple of hours to spare?

If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, READ THIS BOOK.

I devoured this novel. "Just one more chapter" at two in the morning is usually a sign that the book I'm reading is good. I might be a little biased since A) I've been to London, B) I love it more than life itself, and C) I miss it terribly. This is the reason I picked it up in the first place. A book set in London and one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen? I had to get my hands on it.

As far a the book itself, the story is not out of this world but I enjoyed it just the same. Lauren Morrill's writing is hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud more than once. The story is light and fast-paced while the characters are entertaining and surprisingly likable.  The cover itself gives you a glimpse of what you're in for and this novel is undeniably as adorable as it looks.

This book is a fun, quick read and you should definitely pick it up if you're looking for a book to read this summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...