Friday, January 17, 2014

To Re-Read in 2014!

This post is a little late but I have a couple of books I want to re-read this year and I want to share them with you! 

1. Divergent

This one is kind of obvious. The movie comes out early this year (THE FEELS) so I want to make sure I have all of the scenes fresh in my head before I go see it. This might be easier said than done after reading Allegiant but I'm still a little bit excited to experience it again. 

2. The Fault in Our Stars

I've been wanting to re-read this one for a long time, probably since the moment I finished reading it the first time. Unfortunately for me, I'm saving it for June. To think that we'll get to see this beautiful story on the big screen is mind-blowing! I've been a fan of John Green since high school so this book (and maybe even the movie *fingers crossed*) has a special place in my heart along with his other novels. 

3. Just One Day/ Just One Year

I read Just One Year months after I read Just One Day and I feel like the experience wasn't complete. What I mean by that is that I still caught little details from the first one in the companion novel but reading them back-to-back adds a whole different layer to the reading experience. I really enjoyed both the writing and the travel elements in these novels so I'm looking forward to losing myself in them again. 

4. Eleanor & Park

I read the ARC of this one and I know that Rainbow Rowell changed a couple of things in the final edit. I really need to read the finished copy and I don't think I can put it off for much longer. 

5. The Great Gatsby

I read this in high school (aka a long time ago) and I loved it. I've been wanting to re-read it for years and I don't see a reason why I shouldn't dive into this one in 2014. 

6. Of Mice and Men

I claim that this one is my favorite novel of all time yet I haven't read it in years. I need to fix this ASAP because that's just plain embarrassing. 

----

Which novels are you planning to re-read this year? I would love to know!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...