Monday, May 23, 2016

Book Talk: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes



So, the trailer for the highly anticipated all-the-feels fest (aka Me Before You) is finally out. Since I know I'm not the only one counting down the days until this movie comes out, I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you why you should A) read the book before the movie comes out, if you haven't already and B) go see the movie so we can fangirl together. 

  1. The characters: I was very shocked that I connected so much with the main character, Louisa. It was unexpected and made the reading experience that much more emotional. This was my first Jojo Moyes novel so I didn't know what to expect. What I got was rich characters that go through a beautiful yet sad journey. Now that I've read a couple of her novels I can tell you that she's the queen of realistic family dynamics and the goddess of love stories. 
  2. The story: This story, guys. So beautiful. So flawless. So unforgettable. It touched my heart and it won't let me go. Send help. 
  3. The fans: I work at a bookstore and I usually have at least one conversation a week about this novel, either with one of my coworkers or with a customer. I love when someone comes in and tells me how much they love this novel (I have it front-and-center in the staff section) and then it turns into a Jojo Moyes discussion. Because you haven't lived if you haven't read any of her books. 

Now, go watch the trailer and read (or reread!) Me Before You before July. Then find me on Twitter so we can cry together. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...