Release August 2015 * Young Adult Paranormal
Add it on your Goodreads Shelf
Praise for Embers, the first book in the Wings of War series:
“An impending apocalypse provides a compelling backdrop for romance in this page-turning first installment of a new YA series…Hopkins delivers many successful elements of young-adult romance—appealing lead characters, high-voltage chemistry, repressed sexuality—which will win her ardent followers.” ~Kirkus Reviews
Released October 2014 * Young Adult Paranormal * Add it on your Goodreads Shelf * Get a Copy from Amazon!
Angels! Demons! An incredible/strong/smart/etc female main character! Wonderful writing and an interesting plot! Beyond beautiful covers! How can this be bad? (Answer: it can't and it isn't).
I'm always a little nervous about the second book in a series, especially when I loved the first book to pieces. While I enjoyed Embers just a tiny bit more, GAIA is a solid sequel. It has the same intensity and flawlessness present in the first one. It is fast-paced (which I love) and continues to develop one of my favorite main characters EVER. Trust me on this one, Ember is fantastic. A great main character can only carry you so far but luckily GAIA has a lot more to offer. I was hooked from the very first page, which happened with Ambers as well. The story, the way it is written, and the world left me speechless. I couldn't walk away from it until I reached the end...and I wanted to read slower about 90% in because I didn't want it to end. Props to Karen Ann Hopkins for putting together so many incredibly elements in such a magnificent way.
The Wings of War Series is quickly becoming one of my favorite series. These books fall into the "Don't Bother Me, Even If You're On Fire" category so set aside a couple of hours before you start. All I have left to do now is wait for the next one. I'll just sit here until then.
About Karen Ann Hopkins
- Monday, August 24th : Bittersweet Enchantment (Review) & a Bookish Escape (Review)
- Tuesday, August 25th: Behind The Pages (Guest Post)& Lose Time Reading (Review)
- Wednesday, August 26th: Taking It One Book at a Time (Guest Post)
- Thursday, August 27th: Such a Novel Idea (Review) & The Perks of Being a Book Girl (Guest Post)
- Friday, August 28th: Avid Reader Musings (Review/Guest Post) &Books and Things (Review together with Guest Post)
- Monday, August 31st: Bewitched Bookworms (Guest Post) & Pause Time Reviews (Review/Guest Post)
- Tuesday, September 1st: A Dream Within A Dream (Review) & Addicted Readers (Guest Post)
- Wednesday, September 2nd: Actin’ Up with Books (Review) & The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club (Guest Post)
- Thursday, September 3rd: Sassy Book Lovers (Review/Guest Post)& Fire and Ice (Interview)
- Friday, September 4th: Read by Amanda (Review)& Curling Up With A Good Book (Guest Post)
- Monday, September 7th: A Book Addict’s Bookshelves (Review/Interview)& Bumbles and Fairy-Tales (Review)
- Tuesday, September 8th: The Cheshire Cat’s Looking Glass (Guest Post)
- Wednesday,September 9th: On Writing and Riding (Interview) & Little Miss Drama Queen (Review)
- Thursday, September 10th: Book Lovers Life (Guest Post) & So Bookalicious (Review/Interview)
- Friday, September 11th: Rainy Days and Pajamas (Review) & Her Book Thoughts (Review)
- Monday, September 14th: the bookdragon (Interview) & God’s Girl, Books and Coffee (Review/Interview)
- Tuesday, September 15th: Don’t Fold the Page (Review) & Jessie Marie Reads (Review/Guest Post)
- Wednesday,September 16th: Mortal Moments (Review/Guest Post) & Roxy’s Reviews (Review/Guest Post)
- Thursday, September 17th: The Forest of Words and Pages (Review) & Hearrs Reading (Review/Interview)
- Friday, September 18th: Sassy & Dangerous (Guest Post) & Literary Meanderings (Guest Post)
One lucky winner will receive a $50 gift card (Amazon, B&N, iTunes), as well as a complete set of Karen’s YA books, including Embers, Gaia, Temptation, Belonging, Forever, and Rachel’s Deception! Please enter via the Rafflecopter form. Giveaway is open internationally.