Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Taylor Swift Book Tag

I've been seeing this around and I couldn't stop myself. I've been a fan of Taylor's for years so what option did I have?




Created by The Book Life, the Taylor Swift Book Tag is a fun way to pair book titles to famous Taylor Swift songs through a handful of questions. Some of which are part of the original tag and some that were added by Danielle at Love at First Page and Nova from Out of Time.

(a book/series you were pretty sure you loved but then wanted to break up with) 




I mean, I really loved the first book in this series. I even tricked myself into loving the second one. But Allegiant? Not so much. I'm not even mad that you-know-what happens to you-know-who. I just had a hard time getting behind the dual point of view thing and the fact that it wasn't even that well written. I'm just going to pretend that Divergent is a standalone. 





(a book with a red cover) 



This novel is so charming! I loved every single page. The Rosie Project touched my heart in so many ways. Don Tillman is by far the most interesting characters I've ever come across. His voice is so unique and remarkably witty. I'm familiar with Asperger's and I think Graeme Simsion did a really fantastic job at representing Don's world and the way his brain functions. His behavioral patterns and his social interactions were fascinating to read. 

 (a book that makes you feel nostalgic) 



I started reading this series when I was very young. I feel like it has been in my life forever. I had a crappy time in middle/high school so I loved the peace of mind that came with reading something like The Princess Diaries. You know when a character feels like your best friend? That's what I feel every time I revisit these books. I love Mia and her story and the way Meg Cabot can make anything witty. 

(Also, I really want to buy this edition.) 




 (a book with forbidden love) 



Dude, this book is so important. The main character ends up in an arranged marriage because her parents find out she's dating someone "unsuitable." What follows is probably one of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever read. It is tough and incredibly raw. 


(a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love) 



Warner. Oh, Warner. I knew people liked him before I picked up Shatter Me. I thought everyone was crazy. But then I fell into the trap. Tahereh, why would you make me love Warner? WHY? Ugh. I shouldn't want to reread every scene he has with Juliette but I do. Oh, I do. 

(And now we can watch him on TV. My life is over.) 



(a book with a character who goes through extensive character development) 





If I could only read books by one author for the rest of my life, I would choose A.S. King. Ask the Passengers is one of those books that touches your freaking soul. The main character, Astrid, is hiding that she is falling in love with a girl. Her journey is so beautiful and one that I want to revisit soon. 


 (my most anticipated book release) 



I feel like everyone is talking about this book. I still have to read the last book in The Darkest Minds series but I'm very intrigued by anything Alexandra Bracken comes up with. This book sounds so cool and totally up my alley. 


 (my favorite book couple) 



Someday, I won't talk about my love for Fangirl. Haha, just kidding. Levi and Cath are my favorite characters. Ever. They'll win my "Favorite Book Couple Award" for the next, let's say, fifty years. 

 (a series that deserves a second chance) 




This is technically not a series YET but it will be so it counts. I read about 30% of this before I gave up. I hate myself for not loving this.  I can't even tell you what went wrong.  I really want to finish this one at some point but I might wait and see if the sequel is better. 


(a book that features your favorite fictional world)




Honestly, I can't believe that I love this series as much as I do. I was so close to stopping after the first book. Then, I picked up the second one on a whim and I am so glad I did! I love how the world evolves throughout the books.  I can't wait for the next one! 

 (a series that you're not ready to let go, even though it ended)




You know a series is good when you wake up (several months after you finished it) thinking about it. I can't even tell you how many times I think about rereading this. Enough times that I might have to pick it up soon. 


 (your favorite fictional guy--it's preferred but he doesn't have to be a bad boy)







One word: Tamlin. He's just sexy, you know?








(a book you found by chance that you ended up loving) 




I picked this one thinking that it was going to be a fun, quick read. I wasn't ready for all the feels. This book changed my life. I know that sounds overly dramatic but it's true. This baby introduced me to my favorite author. I don't know where I would be without Melina Marchetta. Probably reading crappy books. 







(a book you didn't finish that you wish you had given another chance)




This is the first book I ever DNFed. I just couldn't get into the story. I know a lot of people love this series so I definitely want to try to read it again now that I'm a little bit older. Who knows, maybe it'll become a favorite. 








(a book I would not want to lend out for fear of missing it too much) 





I. Love. This. Book. Can you tell? My sister keeps trying to borrow my copy but I can't let her. I have it front-and-center so I would notice its absence. Totally normal behavior, obviously. 







(a book that made me cry a lot) 




I cried a lot when I read TFiOS. But that's such a standard answer that I wanted to change it up a bit. I didn't think Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was going to make me WEEP. But it did. The main character's dad died in a car accident and that got to me, man.







(my favorite autographed book)




I have a couple of autographed books but nothing brings me more joy than opening up my copy of Glory O'Brien's History of the Future. I preordered it so it is personalized. By one of my favorite authors. Fangirl mode, activate. 








(my favorite retelling) 




I love retellings. I don't know why but I do. Of Beast and Beauty is ridiculously good. This was a total cover buy but the inside matches the outside. I just loved every second of it. 







-----------------------

Did you take part in this tag? Link it in the comments so I can read it! :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...